Saturday, June 30, 2012

Scarf Organization

     So I've decided to post some of my craft projects on this blog as well...these need to be put out into the world folks! Today I've been organizing my scarves.  If you're like me, you have a ton but nothing seems to make them easily accesible and easy to find the one you want.  So I was researching organization (A.K.A Pinterest) and found only one pin for this.  So I totally used the idea but changed it up just a little.  Here is what I did along with some of the pics taken.

     I used some old clothes hangers that I already had here at the house, some shower curtain rings (I think they were $1.20 each at Target), and a little fishing line to secure the rings to the hangers (which I also already had).



     I secured the rings to the hanger with some fishing line.  This is not completely neccesary; but if you don't then the rings will freely slide up and down the hanger.  It will not hang as straight in the closet as I like, so I tied them off a little but you are still able to adjust them if you needed more room on one side or the other.

     This is what it looks like once the rings are attached to the hanger.

     And this is the final result!  One of my problems with some of the products sold out there is that they hung too low.  I have 2 rows of hanging clothes in my closet, so some of the things that I bought just did not work...and trust me I purchased quite a few of them.  I've seen a few products at Bed, Bath, & Beyond that offer a similar solution like this one; but it would only hold about 8 scarves and cost around $20 each.  So to me this is a much better solution.  Since I already owned the hangers and fishing line; my total out of pocket cost was $2.38 for the shower rings. 

     So there you have it folks!  Thanks for looking.....
 


No comments:

Post a Comment